Saturday, April 25, 2009

Water: A life source


Hello all, Nick here,

I have been ailing for the past few days with a terrible cough, fatigue, week joints, and a loss of appetite. So according to JZ's webmd and House medical philosophy, I could have anything from a common cold to Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis which is, as everyone knows, black lung disease. Regardless of what I may be afflicted with, I have kept one thing proudly by my side, a nice glass of water. For anyone who has ever gone out to eat with me they know how much of a fan of water i am, one waitress at the SouthWedge Diner knows to bring a large cup to the table when I com' a' eatin. But today I read the worst thing that could ever happen: 

"A British Woman must drink only diet coke, stay inside on rainy days, and avoid her 3-year-old son when he cries because she's developed an allergy to water. Michaela dutton, 21, breaks out in hives and blisters if she has any contact with water. 'I cannot do anything,' Dutton says. Her throat swells if she drinks anything but diet coke, and she must settle for one 30-second 
shower a week. Doctors have been unable to treat the condition, which afflicts one in 230 million people."

The poor woman has an allergy to water, to WATER. I read it in "The Week" so it was all in a blurb and it didnt say anything about her becoming allergic to herself. Or if she is the type of person has hasn't had a glass of water since she was twelve and all she has is diet coke. Imagine not being able to walk next to puddles for fear of a passing car, exercise, or eat soup. It is grim, but I am pretty sure I can rule this ailment out.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's not Swine Flu... How much bacon have you had lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick has Swine Flu. And he loves to hear about it. Make sure you mention it to him next time you see him.

    ReplyDelete