Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Chef Corinne endorses Grits!!!



Sometimes when I find a favorite food it's more or less all I eat until I get sick
of it.

The summer the movie Harriet the Spy came out all I ate was tomatoes, with american cheese, mayo on white bread because that was her favorite food. That summer I also only drank orange kool-aid.

The summer I was 19, I thought eating olives was classy but I hated them, so I ate them every day until I liked them and now I love them.

There was also a liver and onions with bacon phase and a hot turkey sandwich with french fries (gravy on the fries)phase.

The latest to hit my tummy is grits.

It began at James Browns place, my favorite breakfast spot where I always get my favorite: the dixie plate.
2 sausage links, 2 eggs (over easy), a biscuit, grits, and sausage gravy.

I began to make them at home and it's more or less all I've been eating for 2 weeks.

I like them with 2 poached eggs, chopped green onion, and cheddar cheese.
I've also made broccoli and cheese grits that were very good.
But nothing really beats James Brown's where I can put sausage and sausage gravy in my grits.

I hiiiiiighhhhhly recommend it. Make your own or hit up James Browns!! YUMMM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment