Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why did no one tell me?

by Charley

acceptible.tv is the best thing VH1 has ever done. In the words of This American Life host Ira Glass:
"I was invited to play a prison gang member in a cartoon. Oh, sure, I winced at the typecasting, but it seemed like it'd be fun, so I did it. I like Acceptable.TV, though it seems to be the worst-publicized show in the history of television. I have yet to meet anyone who's ever seen it or even heard of it. The surprisingly enjoyable premise of the show is that each week, they present five 'TV pilots,' and we in the audience vote for which ones we want to see again. Then the next week, two winners return with new episodes."

To prove how good it is I've embedded one of the most recent pilots below:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you (whoever you are) told me; I'll definitely check it out. Some research revealed that it was created by the "team" (aka buddies) behind Channel 101, a site that I much revered at one point in my life for shows such as Yacht Rock and Kicked in the Nuts (best episodes of each linked). With that sort of pedigree and the (problematic but ultimately often helpful) corporate cash of VH1 behind it, sounds like it'll definitely be worth checking out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. (Yes, I know, I'm really overdoing my first attempt at commenting on the GCI blog here) some more browsing of the C101 site, which I hadn't visited in a while, revealed these video tutorials that not only feature Jack Black, but that also amuse and teach me. They'd be helpful for anyone who wants to make funny videos (a la the Antiquated Sporting films, the GCI ads, or the like).

    ReplyDelete