Sunday, January 01, 2006

Tim's Top Five of 2005.

Thanks to everyone that came out to our New Year's Eve show at Geva Theatre Center! What a hoot! We'll post pictures as they become available. We here at geva Comedy Improv hope y'all have a fantastic and safe and prosperous and randy New Year!

I remember starting this whole GCI Blog-thing with a post about my favorite albums of 2004. So. Here's what I've got for my faves of 2005!

1. Nine Inch Nails, With Teeth -- I cannot stop listening to this album. As a matter of fact, I didn't really hear many albums that came out in 2k5 because I was too busy listening to this. Small, concise, consistent, with lots of NIN elements to savor.
2. The Decemberists, Picaresque -- "The Mariner's Revenge" song is awesome. "The Bagman's Gambit" is awesome. "The Sporting Life" is awesome. This is one awesome album.
3. Sleater-Kinney, The Woods -- This is the first album I've ever heard from SK, and I'm glad I found it...it's a rockin' little troupe.
4. Fantomas, Suspended Animation -- Wow. Another batch of manic, crazed experimetal from Mike Patton and Co. One song for each day of April. My birthday's in April. It must be fate.
5. Pelican, The Fire in our Throats will Beckon the Thaw -- instru-metal. The ten minute-plus "March to the Sea" is worth the price of admission in itself.

Stuff I didn't really get:
1. Gorillaz, Demon Days -- Please, Damon, please get Automator back in the studio. Sure, "Feel Good, Inc." was suh-lammin,' but the rest was, well...kinda boring.
2. White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan -- The first three songs on this album made me think it was going to be the greatest thing on the face of the Earth, and that would, yes, include Dirk Benedict's work as Starbuck in the original Battlestar Galactica. The first three songs on this album are the only decent songs on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment